BANANA-NUT POUND CAKE (A+rating)
- 3 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder & 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 3 c
- granulated sugar
- 4 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 2 medium
- ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 tsp
- banana extract
- 1 c
- chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 c
- walnuts, chopped
- powdered sugar and fresh strawberries for garnish
How to Make BANANA-NUT POUND CAKE (A+rating)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Grease and flour a 10 inch fluted tube pan, set aside.
COMBINE: flour, baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt...SET ASIDE
- 2In a Large Bowl, combine cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Gradually add sugar, beating about seven minutes or until light. Add eggs, One at a time, beating a full minute after each addition, scraping bowl frequently. IN ANOTHER BOWL, Combine: bananas, bourbon,, vanilla extract, and banana extract.
- 3ALTERNATELY...Add flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture; beat on LOW to MEDIUM SPEED after each addition just until combined. Stir in nuts.
- 4Spread evenly in prepared pan.
Bake for 80 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cool on rack. Sprinkle with a dusting of powdered sugar. Serve with fresh strawberries (and ice cream, if desired)
- 5THIS CAKE CAN BE SERVED WHILE WARM OR, IT CAN BE FROZEN TO SERVE LATER.