Banana Nut Bundt Cake
3 call purpose flour
2 1/2 cpowdered sugar, divided
3/4 ccoarse ground cashews, divided
2 tspbaking powder
1 ccanola oil
1/2 cplus 3 tsp buttermilk, divided
2 mediumripe bananas, mashed (3/4 cups)
1 mediumripe, firm banana, sliced
2 tspgrated fresh ginger
1/3 capricot jam or preserves
How to Make Banana Nut Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together flour, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cup cashews and baking powder in large bowl. Add oil, eggs, 1/2 cup buttermilk, 2 mashed bananas and ginger. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed about 1 minute until well combined. Pour batter into the 10-inch bundt pan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, bring apricot jam and water to a simmer, in small saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally 4 to 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- Remove cake from pan, inverting onto serving plate. Spoon or brush apricot mixture evenly over the top and sides of cake. Cool completely.
- Stir remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar with remaining 2 to 3 teaspoons buttermilk in small bowl until smooth; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cashews. Before serving, top cake with banana slices.