How to Make Banana Coconut Upside-down Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two 8" round cake pans with cooking spray.
With electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, oil, water and sour cream on low till combined. Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- 2Slice bananas. Place slices evenly on the bottom of each cake pan.
Melt butter in small pan. Add brown sugar and lemon juice, and heat till dissolved.
- 3Pour half of brown sugar mixture into each of the cake pans, over the bananas.
- 4Sprinkle coconut over brown sugar sauce.
- 5Pour cake batter on top of the coconut into both pans, dividing equally.
- 6Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and let sit five minutes.
- 8Invert onto serving plates.
Slice and serve.
- 9** SUGGESTION **
Instead of having two separate single-layer cakes, you might want to put one layer on top of the other (with the bananas in between the layers, just like frosting)! I think I'll try that next time. ☺