Banana Coconut filled Bundt Cake
I was sitting here today needing to use up some ripe bananas but I wanted something with coconut , so I came up with this cake and it turned out delicious . I hope you give it a try.
2 cmashed very ripe bananas
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cbuttermilk ( i used the powdered buttermilk)
2 1/4 cflour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspsea salt
COCONUT FILLING :
12 ozcream cheese ; softened
How to Make Banana Coconut filled Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350° ; Grease and flour a 9" bundt pan. ( I use the spray with flour in it )
- For the filling : Cream together the cream cheese , sugar , coconut and set aside.
- For the batter : Cream butter and sugar until smooth ; Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add bananas, buttermilk and extract.
- Sift dry ingredients together and beat into banana mixture until all blended together.
- Pour half of batter into pan.
- In the center of the batter Carefully spoon in the coconut filling ; being careful not to touch the sides of the pan.
- Top with the remaining cake batter.
- Bake in 350°, about 50- 60 minutes. cake sides should release from the pan easily.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing cake from the bundt pan.
- Place the cake to cool on the wire rack for 30 minutes before dusting with powdered sugar or drizzling with a glaze of 2 cups powdered sugar and 2 tablespoon of milk , combined until mixed thoroughly and consistency of glaze.