Banana - Cherry - Strawberry Shortcake !
Different bursts of flavor in every bite!
My grandchildren just love this dessert.... they love that they can help make it too!
Play with your food! xo
- 1 qt
- strawberries (hulled and cut up)
- 1 pt
- bing cherries (pitted)
- 2 - 3
- bananas (sliced in ovals or rounds)
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 large
- angel food cake (torn apart or sliced)
- 1 can(s)
- whipped cream (or home made whipped cream)
How to Make Banana - Cherry - Strawberry Shortcake !
- 1Prepare the fruits:
Hull the strawberries and cut them up into a bowl. Add the sugar and water. Give them a few squeezes to create some juice.
Pit the cherries and cut them in half. Add them to the strawberris as you prepare them.
Slice the bananas into ovals or rounds, add them directly into the strawberry and cherry mixture.
The kids love helping with the fruits.
- 2Refrigerate until needed.
- 3Either rip the cake into pieces, or cut into slices (depending on your desired effect).
The kids love to rip the cake up into pieces!
- 4At this point you can decide if you want to mix everything together... layer it... or top it....
After plating... top with whipped cream (our kids love the spray can type... as it is fun!)
- 5Serve and enjoy! This is a fun little recipe that the children love to help with... Play with your food! xo