banana carrot loaf, low fat
- nonfat cooking spray
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- two eggs or four egg whites
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup mashed bananas, about three
How to Make banana carrot loaf, low fat
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 2Mix applesauce, sugar, the eggs or egg whites in a bowl. Mix well with mixer.
- 3In another bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix into the above mixture.
- 4Fold carrots and bananas into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes 10 servings.
Note: dust lightly with powdered sugar or spread with whipped low fat cream cheese and chopped nuts if desired.
Cooking the Costco way