★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 2 c
- confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp
- 2-3 tsp
- milk or cream
- yellow cake mix, making 3 thin layers, follow directions on box
- small package of cream cheese. (3 ounces)
How to Make Banana Cake
- 1For banana filling, I use 5 bananas, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Smash bananas and mix.
- 2For icing, I use app. 2 cups of confectioners sugar, I use Dominos, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 2 to 3 teaspoons of milk or cream and the 3 ounces of cream cheese. Mix all ingredients, you may have to add more sugar if it is too loose or milk/cream if it is too stiff, It should be the consistancy of peanut butter. The cream cheese should be at room temperature.
- 3While the cake is still a little hot, I poke holes in the layer using the end of a wooden spoon. Pour half of the banana filling onto the layer.
- 4Do the same for the second layer. The banana mixture will seep into the holes of the warm cake.
- 5Top with the third layer of cake.
- 6Start to icing the cake. I usually pour it on the top and work it down the sides. Keep working it until all of the cake is covered.