Pour 1 tablespoon of lemon juice OR vinegar into the bottom of a measuring cup. Fill to the 1/2 cup mark with regular milk. Let sit 5-10 minutes to slightly curdle. Use as directed above.
2 stickbutter, softened
1 1/4 csugar
2 1/4 call-purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
3over ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Banana Bread
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low.
- Add in the mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla, and mix well.
- Pour batter evenly into the two greased loaf pans, then bake in oven at 350-degrees for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before attempting to remove from pans. Slice when cool and enjoy!