1/2 cbrown sugar, packed
1 cbananas, over ripe, mashed
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 csour cream, or 1/2 cup milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar
How to Make Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour a nine inch baking dish.
- Cream together the butter and sugars, add eggs, vanilla an banana. Mix together well.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and blend into creamed mixture. Gradually add the sour cream and stir just until well blended.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake 40 to 45 minutes. Center should barely spring back when pressed, the toothpick test should come out clean, and the sides should pull away from the pan.
- Cool and serve with powdered sugar or ice cream for dessert, or slice thin and serve for breakfast as banana bread.