Bacon Pinapple Upside Down Cake w/ Caramel Apple
1 boxyellow cake mix
1/2 cheavy whipping cream
1 largeapples, granny smith
5 pinchbrown sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Bacon Pinapple Upside Down Cake w/ Caramel Apple
- Before you start anything else, you want to get your Caramel sauce started, so in a pot, put 1 cup of sugar at medium high heat until it goes smooth.
- Once smooth stir in 6 tablespoons of butter and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiled take off heat, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla and let cool.
- Fry up 4 slices of bacon and crumble up.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter, then pour on the bottom of 9x13" springform pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar around the bottom and spread out. Add crumbled bacon evenly and place pineapple rings on top.
- Pour cake mix on top and put in the oven at 325 degrees until cake is done and knife comes out clean.
- Pour out bacon grease but leave a coating in the pan, then on low medium heat add 2 tablespoons of butter, sprinkle brown sugar, a couple dashes of cinnamon, and thinly sliced apple into the pan.
- Once apples are cooked through, add apples to the caramel sauce.
- Delicately turn the cake over, then pour the glaze over the top and enjoy.