Awesome Strawberry Sponge Layer Cake
- 1 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 c
- unsaled butter, softened
- 3/4 c
- eggs, beaen
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
- 1 c
- mascarpone cheese
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
How to Make Awesome Strawberry Sponge Layer Cake
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and line a 9 X 13 jelly roll pan with the parshment paper 1/2 inch above and over the rim of the pan.
- 3Sift the flour and baking powder in a large bowl and add the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- 4Beat well until the mixture is smooth, then beat in the milk.
- 5Spoon the mixture into the prepared pand and smoothe into the corners with a spatula.
- 6Place pan in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until risen, firm and golden brown.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
- 8When the cake is cold, cut cross wise into three retangles.
- 9Hull and chop the strawberries, reserving 4 to 5 for decoration.
- 10Stir the chopped strawberries into the marscarpone and use to sandwich together the cakes.
- 11Dust cake with confectioners sugar and place sliced strawberries on top of cake and serve.