Awesome Strawberry Sponge Layer Cake
1 1/3 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
3/4 cunsaled butter, softened
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 cmascarpone cheese
·confectioners' sugar for dusting
How to Make Awesome Strawberry Sponge Layer Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and line a 9 X 13 jelly roll pan with the parshment paper 1/2 inch above and over the rim of the pan.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a large bowl and add the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat well until the mixture is smooth, then beat in the milk.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pand and smoothe into the corners with a spatula.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until risen, firm and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
- When the cake is cold, cut cross wise into three retangles.
- Hull and chop the strawberries, reserving 4 to 5 for decoration.
- Stir the chopped strawberries into the marscarpone and use to sandwich together the cakes.
- Dust cake with confectioners sugar and place sliced strawberries on top of cake and serve.