Awesome Gingerbread Cake Roll
1 Tbspbutter, melted
1 call purpose flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspeach of cinnamon, ground ginger and ground cloves
1 to 2 Tbspconfectioners' sugar
·spiced cream filling:
1 1/2 cheavy whipping cream
1/3 cconfectioners' sugar
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 tspground cinnamon
1/4 tspground cloves
·additional cinnamon, optional
How to Make Awesome Gingerbread Cake Roll
- Line a greased 15 X 10 inch baking pan with waxed paper; grease and flour the paper and set aside.
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Seperate eggs into two bowls.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in molasses and butter.
- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat eggs whites on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, on tablespoon at a time, beating on high until soft peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, spices and salt, and gently fold into egg mixture until combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Place in 375 pre-heated oven and bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Turn the cake onto a clean kitchen towl that has been dusted with confectioners' sugar.
- Gently peel off waxed paper.
- Starting at the short end of the cake gently roll up cake in the towel jelly roll style. Place on a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a chilled large mixing bowl, combine the first five spiced cream filling ingredients and beat until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Unroll cake and spread half of the filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 inch from the edges.
- Carefully roll up again. Place on serving platter and spread remaining filling over cake.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired and store in refrigerator until serving time.