Awesome Chocolate Mousse Cake
I am allergic to nuts so made the one in the picture without the hazelnuts. And I miss them. They add so much to the recipe and are so good.
The chocolate whipped cream can be used for lots of things and is not hard to make.
- 1 c
- whole hazelnuts (4 ounces)
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 2 pkg
- (8 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c
- whipping cream, divided
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- whipping cream
- square semisweet chocolate (1/2 ounce)
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE:
CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM:
How to Make Awesome Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 1Awesome Chocolate Mousse Cake:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 9 inch spring-form pan.
In a blender or food proessor grind hazelnuts coarsely. You should have about 1 1/4 cups.
Stir together ground hazelnuts and melted butter. Press mixture on bottom and 1 1/4 inches up the sides of the spring-form pan.
- 2In a medium saucepan melt semi-sweet chocolate chips. Stir in 1/2 cup whipping cream.
In a mixer bowl beat eggs and vanilla on low until well mixed. Add flour and sugar. Beat on high for about 10 minutes. Mixture should be thick and lemon colored.
- 3In a small mixing bowl beat the 1/2 cup remaining whipping cream just until soft peaks form.
Stir about 1/4 of the yellow egg mixture into the chocolate mixture. When combined fold remaining yellow egg mixture into chocolate mixture. Then carefully fold in whipped cream. Spoon into prepared spring-form pan.
- 4Bake at 325 degres for 30-35 minutes. The center of this cake will still be slightly soft. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 3-4 hours.
Serve at room temperature or cold. Store in any leftovers refrigerator.
- 5Chocolate Whipped Cream:
In a small saucepan melt chocolate with whipped cream. Stir continuously and be sure all chocolate flecks are melted and combined with cream. Pour into a small mixer bowl and refrigerate for several hours until really cold..
Just before serving remove from refrigerator and whip mixture until stiff peaks form. Use to garnish cake.