Authentic New York Cheesecake
How to Make Authentic New York Cheesecake
- PREHEAT oven to 500 degrees
Blend cream cheese,sugar,flour and saly until smooth.
Add eggs one at a time.
Add vanilla and cream,mixing thoughougly
- POUR into a 10 inch spring-form cake pan.
Bake 15 minutes at 500 degrees.
LEAVING PAN IN OVEN,reduce temp. to 200 degrees.
- IMMEDIATELY reset timer for 1 hour,continue baking.
- Temperature reduction is part of baking process in most cheesecake receipes.
To reduce cracking,turn off oven at end of hour,open oven door.
- ALLOW TO COOL IN OVEN.
- Also,run knife inside wall of pan,when cool.
- COOL completely and refrigerate before serving,8 hours or overnight is best.
- Wonderfull flavor.(I like to add 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice in with cream cheese when mixing.This is optional.)