Autumn Harvest Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 pkg
- graham crackers, from box
- 1/3 c
- finely chopped nuts-walnut or pecan
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted-may add more if graham cracker mixture is too dry
- 2 large
- granny smith apples-peeled,cored,diced
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 2 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp
- 4 pkg
- 8oz cream cheese room temp
- 1 c
- white sugar
- 5 large
- eggs-room temp
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 12 oz package good caramels
- 1/2 c
- evaperated milk
- 3/4 c
How to Make Autumn Harvest Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 1CRUST-crush graham crackers in food processor-remove, finely chop nuts in food processor-remove. Put crackers, nuts, brown sugar in bowl and add melted butter, mix together, poor in 9 inch spring form pan, spread mixture evenly on bottom of pan,bring some of the crackers up the side of the pan evenly (as seen in my photo)Bake@350 for 5 minutes-do not over bake.
- 2APPLES-peel,core and dice apples then put in frying pan with melted butter, after 3 minutes sprinkle with one teaspoon of cinnamon and stir, about 2 min more they should be soft and brown-remove and let cool.
- 3FILLING-beat cream cheese,sugar,eggs,sour cream,add 2t of cinnamon and 2t nutmeg,add cooled apples and stir. Pour into spring form pan and bake at 350 for about 1 hour.
- 4CARAMEL SAUCE-in a good sauce pan put in caramels, butter and milk, stir until melted. Take off burner and let cool.
- 5TAKE OUT- cheesecake from oven and allow to cool, pour cool caramel sauce over cake and put in refrigerator. Let stand for a few hours or overnight.
- 6SERVING-take out of refrigerator and let stand about 30 minutes. Spring open pan SLOWLY to, remove side of pan,it is a good idea to have a small container of warm water to clean knife off after cutting then dry with towel and cut again-the topping can get gooey.
- 7MUST HAVES-you will need a 9 inch spring form pan with this recipe as seen in one of my pictures.
- 8FRESH-I always make sure I have the freshest eggs, cream cheese, and sour cream when I make this. As in any recipe I do think it makes a big difference.
- 9I do hope that you,your family and friends enjoy this recipe and it becomes a family tradition as it is in our family.