☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cgraham cracker crumbs
6 Tbspbutter, melted
1/4 cgranulated sugar
1 lbcream cheese
1/2 cgranulated sugar
3 largeeggs, separated
1/4 cunbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsplemond rind, grated
2 tsplemon juice
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cheavy cream
2 Tbsppassion fruit
How to Make Australian Cheesecake
- CRUST: If you are prebaking the shell, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the crumbs in a mixing bowl and add the butter and sugar blending well.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Smooth the mixture to form an even layer on the bottom and sides.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes and let cool to room temperature before filling.
- NOTE: This crust can be chilled for 5 to 10 minutes in the freezer until it is set but is not recommended in this recipe.
- CHEESECAKE: Preheat the oven to 300.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in the flour, lemon rind, lemon juice and vanilla until just mixed.
- Whip the cream until stiff in a medium mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then fold them into the cheese mixture.
- Fold in the reserved whipped cream.
- Stir in the passion fruit pulp then pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake from 45 minutes to 1 hour. (Make the passion fruit pulp from fresh passion fruits or substitute.)
- Cool, in the oven, to room temperature, then chill.