Auntee's Pound Cake
1 lbbutter, room temperature
1 boxconfectioners' sugar
1 ccane sugar
7egg yolks, reserve whites
1 1/2 cbuttermilk
·all purpose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
2 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 tspsalt
How to Make Auntee's Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter, confectioner's sugar and sugar until smooth.
- Fill the empty box of confectioner's sugar with flour then add the baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Whip egg whites and set aside.
- Add the vanilla extract to the creamed mixture.
- Alternate the buttermilk, the flour with the baking powder, salt and baking soda and the egg yolks.
- Mix until smooth add more buttermilk if it's too thick no more than another 1/2 cup.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into a well greased and floured tube pan (angel food cake style). A bundt pan is too small.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Check with tooth pick. Done when toothpick is clean.