Auntee's Pound Cake
- 1 lb
- butter, room temperature
- 1 box
- confectioners' sugar
- 1 c
- cane sugar
- egg yolks, reserve whites
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp
How to Make Auntee's Pound Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cream butter, confectioner's sugar and sugar until smooth.
- 3Fill the empty box of confectioner's sugar with flour then add the baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- 4Whip egg whites and set aside.
- 5Add the vanilla extract to the creamed mixture.
- 6Alternate the buttermilk, the flour with the baking powder, salt and baking soda and the egg yolks.
- 7Mix until smooth add more buttermilk if it's too thick no more than another 1/2 cup.
- 8Fold in egg whites.
- 9Pour into a well greased and floured tube pan (angel food cake style). A bundt pan is too small.
- 10Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Check with tooth pick. Done when toothpick is clean.