Aunt Jo's Cheesecake
The first time I made the cheesecake, we were fairly newly wed and were expecting company, so I wanted this to turn out "just right." I cooked it the amount of time given in the instructions, and it was not set. So I cooked it a few more minutes, and it still wasn't set. I was afraid to cook it too long and started to cry because I thought I had really messed up. My husband made a long-distance call to Aunt Jo to find out if I could cook it longer. She said it was OK, I did, and it turned out great. No tears over cheesecake since then!
- graham crackers, finely crushed
- 2 Tbsp
- 4-6 Tbsp
- 3 pkg
- cream cheese (8 oz. size)
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 pt
- sour cream
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
How to Make Aunt Jo's Cheesecake
- 1Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- 2Mix crust ingredients and press into bottom of 8"-9" spring-form pan. Save a few crumbs for top of cake.
- 3With mixer, cream the cream cheese. Add sugar (a small amount at a time), eggs (one at a time), and vanilla. Beat well and pour into pan. Bake at 325 degrees. (Original recipe said 30 minutes, but I’ve found it to take 40-50 minutes.) Remove from oven when cake is fairly firm.
- 4Turn oven up to 500 degrees. Mix topping ingredients and spread over top of cake. Sprinkle crumbs on top. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes.
- 5For best taste, chill before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.