Aunt Bert's famous cheesecake
You may use low-fat ricotta and cream cheese to cut some calories. This is very rich and only takes a sliver to satisfy.
- 3 pkg
- of 8 oz. philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 lb
- ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 pt
- sour cream
- 8 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice
How to Make Aunt Bert's famous cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 9" Spring Form pan. Allow cream cheese to soften for about 1/2 hour before using.
- 2Cream together cream cheese, Ricotta Cheese and sugar.Beat in sour cream.
- 3Beat in eggs - one at a time!Beat each egg in well before adding in next egg. (This is very important)
- 4Add the rest of ingredients and beat well.
- 5Pour into spring form pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn oven off but LEAVE cake in oven for another 2 hours. DO NOT open oven door at all during this time or you will ruin this delicate cheesecake!
- 6After cake has cooled, remove side of pan and refrigerate over night. Top with fresh fruit if desired.