Aunt Alice's Banana Split Cake
- 2 c
- graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick
- + 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 large
- egg whites
- 2 c
- powdered sugar
- 3-4 large
- bananas (not over ripened)
- 1 c
- sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 large
- can crushed pinapple, drained
- 1 pkg
- cool whip
- 1 c
- chopped lightly salted, cocktail peanuts
- chocolate syrup, to drizzle
- maraschino cherries, chopped
How to Make Aunt Alice's Banana Split Cake
- 1In small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs and 6 tbsp. softened butter. Mix well. Press into bottom of 13x9 baking dish.
- 2In medium bowl, combine 2 egg whites, 2 cups powdered sugar, and 1 stick butter. With electric mixer on low, beat until smooth. Spread over graham cracker crust.
- 3Slice bananas, place as next layer in baking dish. Drain crushed pineapple and spread over bananas. Layer the strawberries next. Spread cool whip over last layer.
- 4Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Just prior to serving, sprinkle chopped nuts and diced maraschino cherries on top. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.