Army Tank Cake
I am posting several pics so that you can see just what all was done; upclose and entire view.
- 3 box
- cake mixes
- 1 c
- chocolate chips
- 1 c
- butterscotch chips
- 1 box
- graham cracker pie crust
- 1 large
- bag of fudge filled chocolate cookies
- different colors for icing (black, brown, green, tan and grey)
- 3 can(s)
- of white icing (better yet, make your own if possible)
- can use tubes of icing too that are already colored
- several star tips is possible (cuts down on time)
- creme filled pirouette (rolled wafers) ----i tried cowtales and they were too heavy
- larger army guy
- dozen army men
- cookie covered with your green icing
- bag of chocolate licorice
DECORATIONS FOR OUTSIDE THE TANK
How to Make Army Tank Cake
- 1Wow, where do I start? Well, I can say I didn't make this in no 45 minutes. lol ---- I used a 9 by 13 pan and 2 oval pans to make the tank. Whatever cake flavors you want is fine, since the cakes sit on top of each other. I also added chocolate chips and butterscotch chips into my cake mixes for flavor and color.
- 4Cut up your each licorice piece into 3 or 4 pieces and try to make them as even as possible. The graham cracker crust will be your sand that the tank sits in. The crushed cookies will be your dirt. When removing the icing in between the cookies you can save it and make fake rocks out of it if you want. (My friend Shawna's idea; thanks Shawna) You can also write your child's name with the dirt into the sand as you can see in one of my pics above.
- 6Find a nice sturdy lid or whatever you like to place the cake on and cover with tinfoil or something else. Begin placing your dirt and sand down on the lid. Place the large cake down first and the other two cakes down second; one on top of another. Cut out a section in the front and back to shape the tank as seen above. Cover entire cake with green icing. Now place your tires on the side with some icing on the back of them. Lay out your licorice pieces.
- 8Be creative as you want with the camoflauge. You can do 2, 3 or 4 different colors on the green. I really LOVE the black, so I would at least suggest that color to you. I usually use the star tip and put the icing on that way but as you can see I had to improvise on this cake. Do alot or just a little as it will look good either way. The one iced cookie push down in the top of the cake for the lid that opens up on tank. The army guy that I placed inside I used a apple corer and took out a small hole by the lid and placed him inside.