APRICOT NECTAR CAKE
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix ( i like to use duncan hines classic yellow)
- 3/4 c
- 3/4 c
- apricot nectar
- eggs, separated and brought to room temperature
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon extract
- 2 c
- confectioners' sugar
How to Make APRICOT NECTAR CAKE
- 1Preheat Oven 350 degrees.
Grease and flour bundt pan
- 2Combine; cake mix, oil, apricot nectar,egg yokes and lemon extract. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- 3Beat egg whites until stiff, but still moist
- 4Fold egg whites into cake batter using folding method
- 5Bake 45-50 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- 6!0 minutes before cake is done make lemon glaze.
Juice of 1 lemon mixed with 2 cups of confectioner's sugar
- 7When you have removed cake from oven, spoon about 1/2 of lemon glaze onto cake Keep cake in pan at this stage.
- 8Let cake sit in pan for 10 minutes.
Invert onto cake plate.
Spoon rest of glaze onto top of cake.
- 9This cake freezes well.