APRICOT NECTAR CAKE
1 boxyellow cake mix ( i like to use duncan hines classic yellow)
3/4 capricot nectar
4eggs, separated and brought to room temperature
1 Tbsplemon extract
2 cconfectioners' sugar
How to Make APRICOT NECTAR CAKE
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees.
Grease and flour bundt pan
- Combine; cake mix, oil, apricot nectar,egg yokes and lemon extract. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but still moist
- Fold egg whites into cake batter using folding method
- Bake 45-50 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- !0 minutes before cake is done make lemon glaze.
Juice of 1 lemon mixed with 2 cups of confectioner's sugar
- When you have removed cake from oven, spoon about 1/2 of lemon glaze onto cake Keep cake in pan at this stage.
- Let cake sit in pan for 10 minutes.
Invert onto cake plate.
Spoon rest of glaze onto top of cake.
- This cake freezes well.