Apricot cream squares (using crescent rolls)
- tubes of crescent rolls (reduced fat is fine too)
- 2 pkg
- (8 ounce each) cream cheese
- egg, yolk (save the egg white for the topping)
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- 12 oz
- apricot filling
- egg white
- 1/4 c
How to Make Apricot cream squares (using crescent rolls)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixer, blend cream cheese,egg yolk,sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- 2I use a 16x11 inch jelly roll baking pan. In this pan, spread a tube and a half of crescent rolls evenly onto bottom of pan.
- 3Top bottom crescent layer with the can of apricot filling.
- 4Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the apricot filling layer.
- 5Pat out the second tube and a half of crescent rolls to form a top crust and layer it on the top.
- 6Beat the egg white and sugar for the topping until blended.
Spread this on top of the crescent roll topping to coat the entire top.
- 7Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes, until nicely browned.
You can also leave out the apricot layer and add cinnamon sugar to the cream cheese layer and cinnamon sugar to the topping. Very good and how the recipe was originally given to me by a friend.