Jo Anne Sugimoto
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspground pepper
1 1/4 stickbutter, unsalted, softened
1 clight brown sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
1 cdried apricots, chopped
1/2 cmacadamia nuts, chopped
How to Make APRICOT BLONDIES
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prep 8x8-inch square baking pan, use a non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Beat in egg until mixture is smooth. Add flour mixture in 3 increments until a dough forms.
- Mix in apricots and macadamia nuts.
- Place the dough into prepared pan and use spatula to even the dough out.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice into squares.