Applesauce Spice Cake
2 1/2 csifted all-purpose flour
1 3/4 csugar
1/4 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspsalt
1/2 tspallspice & nutmeg
1 3/4 capplesauce
1 cchopped nuts & raisens (optional)
How to Make Applesauce Spice Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13-9-2 inch baking pan (I use a tube pan)
- Sift flour,sugar,baking powder,soda,salt & spices into large bowl. Add shortning & applesauce;beat one min. just to combine.
- At medium speed beat for 2 more min. constantly guiding batter into beaters. Add eggs then beat for 2 min.
- Combine risens & walnuts, fold into batter.
- Turn batter into floured baking pan; bake for 45 to 1 hr. (depending on type of pan used) min. or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely in pan on a wire rack, remove from pan dust with powdered sugar.