APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE WITH RUM ICING--BONNIE'S
The photo is my own, and so is this humble recipe.
- box yellow pillsbury cake mix, butter recipe, made according to package directions.
- can of apple pie filling, (dice the apples in the filling)
- cup finely chopped walnuts
- rum icing recipe
- tablespoons butter
- ounces cream cheese
- cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 to 1
- teaspoon rum extract
How to Make APPLE WALNUT BUNDT CAKE WITH RUM ICING--BONNIE'S
- 1Cook's Tip: I found that in my oven, it took about 50 minutes for the cake to get done. I tented it with foil to slow the browning. Check with a tooth pick in the middle and if it comes clean, it is done. Cake will pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 2PREPARE THE CAKE: In a large mixing bowl, place the cake mix and the ingredients according to the directions on the box, add the walnuts. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan. Pour the batter in the pan. Dice the apples in the pie filling into small pieces, and spoon the filling evenly over the batter. Don't push it down.
- 3BAKE THE CAKE: Place the cake in the oven and bake according to the package directions. Note that it may take more time than indicated because of the addition of the pie filling. Use the toothpick test to check if it is done. Cool the cake 15 minutes, make sure it is loose, and then turn over on a foil lined tray. Cool completely before icing. Enjoy!
- 4RUM ICING RECIPE:
Bring the following to room temperature
2 tablespoons of butter
2 ounces of cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of rum extract (taste at 1/2 teaspoon to make sure it isn't too strong)
With an electric mixer and small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, extract, and butter until well mixed, and then add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth. If it is too thick, add a half teaspoon of water and mix well. Spoon the mixture into a small plastic ziplock bag, close it and get the air out, and then snip the corner of the bag and ice the cake.