Apple Streusel Cake with Caramel
1 1/2 cpacked light brown sugar
3/4 call purpose flour
1/2 cbutter, chilled and diced
1 cchopped walnuts
3 1/4 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
3/4 tspbaking soda
3/4 cbutter, room temperature
1 1/2 cwhite sugar
2 tsppure vanilla extract
16 ozsour cream
2 to 3 largebaking apples, peeled, cored and finely diced
How to Make Apple Streusel Cake with Caramel
- Preheat oven to 350' degrees. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan or spray with bakers secret.
- Make Streusel: In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, 3/4 cup flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter with fork until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Set aside.
- To Make Cake: In a medium bowl, stir together 3 1/4 cups flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Gently stir in flour mixture just until blended.
- Scoop about 3 cups of the batter into the the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of the streusel and layer with apples. Sprinkle 1/2 the remaining streusel over the apples.
- Pour remaining batter over top. Sprinkle remaing streusel over top and gently pat so it sticks.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or untila toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Place a plate or cookie sheet over bundt and invert. Cool Completely
- Caramel Topping: Place 1 stick butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup milk in a small saucepan.
- Boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir. Let cool.
- Pour over apple cake, top with chopped walnuts if desired.