Apple Praline Cake
3 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
2 csugar, granulated
1 tspground cinnamon
1 1/2 ccanola oil
2 tsppure vanilla extract
4 cpared, cored and chopped apples
1 ccoarsley chopped walnuts
2 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1/4 cevaporated milk
1/2 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Apple Praline Cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease bundt
pan with shortening and coat with flour. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients,(flour, salt, soda and sugar)Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer until pale yellow and foamy. Add oil and vanilla and mix to blend. Add the flour mixture until all is used. The batter will be thick so if you don't have a heavy duty blender, you may want to stir the last of the flour in.
- Stir in the apples and nuts and pour into prepared bundt pan. Make sure it is equally distributed. Bake in preheated 375 oven for approximately one hour. Check to make sure it's done before taking out of the oven.
- Place on baking rack while preparing Praline Topping.
- PRALINE TOPPING
- In a medium sauce pan, add the brown sugar, stick of butter, tsp. of vanilla extract and the 1/4th cup of evaporated milk.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- While cake is still warm, place into a cake plate and top with the topping. I spread it all over the cake while keeping the remaining topping in the middle of the cake, in the hole and scoop it up. This takes a lot of patience. You want to make sure that the whole cake is covered. This helps to keep it nice and moist. Keep bringing it up from the bottom and sides until it begins to set, about 15 or 20 minutes. The end result is well worth it.