★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/4 c
- pecans, chopped
- 2 pkg
- (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 can(s)
- (standard size) apple pie filling or your favorite pie filling
- 1 Tbsp
- maple-flavored syrup
How to Make Apple Danish Braid
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a 2-qt bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Add egg, mixing until smooth. Set aside.
- 2Unroll 1 pkg. of crescent dough; do not separate the triangles. Arrange dough longest sides across a rectangle 12" X 15" baking sheet. Repeat with other pkg. of crescent rolls laying it end to end. Using a dough or pizza roller (or I use my hands) roll dough to seal perforations. On longest sides of pan, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep (there should be 6 inches of dough in the center for filling). Spread half of cream cheese mixture evenly over the middle of dough. Spread pie filling on top of that and then spread the remainder of cream cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends under to seal at end of braid. Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- 4Remove from oven; brush with syrup using a pastry brush. Slice and serve. Can be served warm or room temp.. *note* if you freeze this, let thaw or pop in microwave for just a few seconds before serving.