☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cvery warm water
1 pkgdry yeast
1/2 cbutter, softened
2 1/3 cunsifted flour
3 largeapples, peeled and sliced
How to Make Apple Crumb Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Measure the water into a small bowl.
- Sprinkle yeast on top.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Cream butter thoroughly in a large electric mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the sugar and salt.
- Cream together.
- Add the yeast mixture, eggs and milk and beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Gradually add and blend in the flour while beating at medium speed; beat until the mixture is well blended.
- Spread the batter in a well-greased 9x9" pan.
- Arrange Apple Crumb Topping over dough.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Bake in 375 oven for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Turn out of pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Apple Crumb Topping: Arrange sliced apples on the dough.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apples.