How to Make Apple Coffee-Cake
- 11. Pour lukewarm water, yeast, and sugar in mixing bowl.
2. Add melted (not hot) butter, warmed milk, salt, lemon peel, and beaten eggs. Mix well.
3. Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each cup. Add more flour, if necessary, to make a smooth dough, and turn out onto a floured surface.
4. Knead very lightly.
5. Let rise for about 1 hour; punch down and let rest for 10 minutes.
6. Spread dough in 9-inch cake or pie pan, pushing it up on the sides as for a pie crust.
- 2TOPPING(Apple cake)
2 medium sized apples
1/3 C. sugar (white or brown)
2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 TB. melted butter
Peel and core apples, then cut into ¼ inch slices.
Arrange in overlapping circles (or in random fashion if in a hurry)
on top of dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 or 40 minutes.