Apple Cobbler Cake
Although the recipe calls for 6 large tart green apples, I usually add many more because I love apples and I mix the variety of apples. You can't add too many apples. It calls for 2 1/2 pounds, I probably use atleast 3 1/2 pounds of apples.
6 largetart green apples, peeled,quartered,cored, thinly sliced
2 cplus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 tspground cinnamon
3 cplus 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 Tbsplemon juice, fresh
2 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cbutter, unsalted,melted & cooled
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Apple Cobbler Cake
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter 13X9X2 inch baking pan.
- Place apples in large bowl. Add 1 cup sugar,cinnamon, 2 Tbsp. flour & lemon juice and toss to blend.
- In medium bowl stir in 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, baking powder & salt to blend.
- Whisk eggs, melted butter, 1/2 cup water and vanilla extract in small bowl.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients & stir until thick dough forms.
- Spread 1 3/4 cups dough over bottom of prepared pan.
- Top with apple mixture.
- Add tablespoons of the remaining dough over the top of the apples.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Cover lightly with aluminum foil.
- Uncover pan. Bake until cake is golden brown & apples are tender, about 45 minutes longer. Transfer pan to rack, cool cake for 30 minutes.
- Bake cake covered for 30 minutes.