Apple Cobbler Cake
Although the recipe calls for 6 large tart green apples, I usually add many more because I love apples and I mix the variety of apples. You can't add too many apples. It calls for 2 1/2 pounds, I probably use atleast 3 1/2 pounds of apples.
- 6 large
- tart green apples, peeled,quartered,cored, thinly sliced
- 2 c
- plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 3 c
- plus 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 2 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 large
- 1/2 c
- butter, unsalted,melted & cooled
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Apple Cobbler Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Butter 13X9X2 inch baking pan.
- 2Place apples in large bowl. Add 1 cup sugar,cinnamon, 2 Tbsp. flour & lemon juice and toss to blend.
- 3In medium bowl stir in 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, baking powder & salt to blend.
- 4Whisk eggs, melted butter, 1/2 cup water and vanilla extract in small bowl.
- 5Add egg mixture to dry ingredients & stir until thick dough forms.
- 6Spread 1 3/4 cups dough over bottom of prepared pan.
- 7Top with apple mixture.
- 8Add tablespoons of the remaining dough over the top of the apples.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tablespoons of sugar.
- 10Cover lightly with aluminum foil.
- 11Uncover pan. Bake until cake is golden brown & apples are tender, about 45 minutes longer. Transfer pan to rack, cool cake for 30 minutes.
- 12Bake cake covered for 30 minutes.