Karen's Apple Cake
2 1/4 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 cvegetable oil
3 cpared chopped apples
2 tspvanilla extract
1 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Karen's Apple Cake
- Prepare Tube Pan (I use a Bunt Pan) by greasing and flouring.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients of four, cinnamon, baking soda and salt
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and then add the sugar and oil. Beat until light
- add sifted ingredients to the wet ingredients a third at a time until incorporated. It will be very thick (almost like cookie dough)
- Add the apples and walnuts and vanilla
- Pour into the pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 min. check for doneness after one hour by inserting knife in center. If it comes out clean it's done. Oven's vary. Mine was done in 1 hour 15 min.
- If you wish, make a glaze to dribble on top by combining 1 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 milk , and 1/2 cup butter. Combine in a sauce pan and, stirring, let boil 2 to 3 min. Beat to desired thickness and pour over the cake. I just beat it with a wire wisk and let it cool a little before I pour it over the cake. It's good without it too.