Karen's Apple Cake
How to Make Karen's Apple Cake
- 1Prepare Tube Pan (I use a Bunt Pan) by greasing and flouring.
- 2Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Sift dry ingredients of four, cinnamon, baking soda and salt
- 4In a separate bowl beat the eggs and then add the sugar and oil. Beat until light
- 5add sifted ingredients to the wet ingredients a third at a time until incorporated. It will be very thick (almost like cookie dough)
- 6Add the apples and walnuts and vanilla
- 7Pour into the pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 min. check for doneness after one hour by inserting knife in center. If it comes out clean it's done. Oven's vary. Mine was done in 1 hour 15 min.
- 8If you wish, make a glaze to dribble on top by combining 1 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 milk , and 1/2 cup butter. Combine in a sauce pan and, stirring, let boil 2 to 3 min. Beat to desired thickness and pour over the cake. I just beat it with a wire wisk and let it cool a little before I pour it over the cake. It's good without it too.