★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- 1 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c
- self rising flour
- 2 tsp
- granny smith apples, peeled and chopped, about 4 cups
- 1 pkg
- 11 oz package butterscotch chips
- 1 c
- pecans (optional)
How to Make apple butterscotch cake
- 1in large bowl, beat the sugar,oil,eggs,and vanilla,
until well blended.
- 2in separate bowl mix the flour and cinnamon
- 3gradually add flour and cinnamon to egg mixture until blended
- 4stir in apples,(I always save a few apples for top of cake)pecans are optional..I don't ever use the nuts.
- 5pour into an un-greased 13in. x 19 in. baking dish..sprinkle with butterscotch chips
- 6bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 mins (depends on our oven, mine does well at 300 degrees)or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. cool on wire rack.
- 7I like to eat mine warm topped off with a scoop of ice cream..