★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/4 cvegetable oil
1 tspvanilla extract
2 1/2 cself rising flour
4-5granny smith apples, peeled and chopped, about 4 cups
1 pkg11 oz package butterscotch chips
1 cpecans (optional)
How to Make apple butterscotch cake
- in large bowl, beat the sugar,oil,eggs,and vanilla,
until well blended.
- in separate bowl mix the flour and cinnamon
- gradually add flour and cinnamon to egg mixture until blended
- stir in apples,(I always save a few apples for top of cake)pecans are optional..I don't ever use the nuts.
- pour into an un-greased 13in. x 19 in. baking dish..sprinkle with butterscotch chips
- bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 mins (depends on our oven, mine does well at 300 degrees)or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. cool on wire rack.
- I like to eat mine warm topped off with a scoop of ice cream..