Apple Butter Loaf
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/3 capple butter
1/4 cchopped walnuts
3 cflour ( recipe says 3 - 3 1/2 cups)
1 -2 Tbspmilk
1 cconfectioners' sugar
·additional chopped walnuts
How to Make Apple Butter Loaf
- Combine raisins, apple butter and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of flour and yeast.
- Cook and stir milk, molasses, butter and 1/2 tsp of salt until just warm.
- Add to flour mixture slowly. Beat on low for 1/2 minute and then beat on high for 3 minutes. When you can no longer beat, remove from bowl and place on floured board.
- Add as much flour as you are able and then knead to make a moderately stiff dough (6-8 minutes)
- Shape into a ball. Place into a greased, glass loaf pan. Cover and chill for 3 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and let dough come to room temperature. Punch down.
- Let rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into a rectangle and spread on raisin mixture.
- Roll up and seal edges. Put in pan seam side down and turn ends under.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cover loaf pan with paper towel. While oven is heating put loaf into microwave for 10 minutes on 10% power to rise.
- Place 1 1/2 cup of boiling water into the back of the oven.
- Bake loaf, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Cover loaf with tin foil and continue baking for another 35 minutes.
- Mix together confectioners sugar, chopped walnuts (amount of chopped nuts is up to you) and milk to make glaze while loaf bakes.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack. Once cool remove from loaf pan
- Spread glaze on cool loaf.