Apple Bundt Cake with Maple Glaze Icing
The maple glaze icing is the perfect topping for this cake...or if you prefer....a dusting of confectioners sugar works fine too!!
Enjoy my little taste of fall :)
4 largeapples ( granny smith are best) peeled, cored and chopped
5 Tbspwhite sugar
2 1/2 cwhite sugar
2 tspground cinnamon
1 cvegetable oil
1/4 corange juice ( use the juice from the orange that you use for grating the peel
1 Tbspfresh grated orange rind ( buy 1 orange for juice and peel)
1 tsppure vanilla extract
3 call purpose flour ( i like hecklers)
3 1/2 tspbaking powder ( not a typo...3 1/2 tsp)
4 Tbspsoftened butter
2 cconfectioners' sugar
2 tspmaple extract
2-4 Tbsphalf and half for desired consistancy
1/4 cfinly chopped walnuts
How to Make Apple Bundt Cake with Maple Glaze Icing
- Pre heat oven to 350.
Grease a 12 cup bunt pan ( can use 9x13 as well)
- Mix diced apple with the 5 tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon, set aside
- Mix 2 1/2 cups of sugar with eggs, veg oil, orange juice, orange peel and vanilla in a large bowl; whisk to blend
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt into egg mixture. Spoon a 3rd of the batter into pan, (about 1 1/2 cups) top with half the apples, top that with another 3rd of the batter and finish up with the last half of the apples. Top apples with the remainder of batter
- Bake cake until top is brown and tester comes out with moist crumbs...about 1 hour...if you need more time with bundt type bake another 10-15 minutes
- Cool cake on wire rack for 15 minutes then remove cake from pan ( can leave sitting in 13x 9)
Cool for 45 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar or use my Maple Glaze icing over the top
- Maple Glaze Icing: In bowl beat butter with confectioners sugar, 2 tbs half and half and 2 tbs maple extract.
You want to have a good thick icing so most of the frosting won't end up in the center of the bundt cake or run off your cake platter...adjust with more confec sugar or a dab more cream...when you finished icing the cake immediately top the icing with the fine chopped nuts and let set.
- This cake is so good...you can taste Autumn in every bite!!