Antique Rose Ville Pound Cake
A good cake to serve with strawberries and whipped cream.
It can be served with fruit toppings and jellies, lemon, orange, or chocolate glazes, ice cream, or just plain...warm from the oven.
I hope you enjoy this rich, buttery cake as much as we have over the years!
1 cbutter, softened (not melted)
1/2 cvegetable shortening (crisco butter flavored)
1 cevaporated milk
1 tspalmond extract
6 largeeggs, room temperature
3 cflour, sifted (measure after sifting)
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Antique Rose Ville Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan or tube pan.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour, salt, and baking powder) together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine butter, shortening and sugar; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and evaporated milk alternately,mixing on low speed to combine, scraping sides and bottom of bowl. Then beat on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each (about 5 seconds), and scraping sides and bottom of bowl often.
Add vanilla and almond extract. Beat on medium speed of mixer (about 30 seconds), or until batter is smooth. Do not over beat.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a testor inserted in the center comes out clean.
*If cake is getting too brown, loosely lay a piece of foil over the top to prevent browning too much.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Use a small rubber spatula or thin knife and carefully run down and around sides of cake to loosen. Using oven mitts or pot holder, invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.