Anna's Swedish Butter Cake
- 2 c
- plus 2 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- lightly salted butter (only) at room tenperature
- 1 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 large
- 3/4 c
- milk ( i used 2%)
- 1 tsp
- almond extract (or vanilla extract)
- confectioners sugar for dusting
How to Make Anna's Swedish Butter Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13x9 square pan. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. In a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth and well blended. (scrape sides)
- 2Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Alternately add the dry ingredients and milk, beating after each addition, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Scrape down sides of the bowl and the beaters. Stir in the almond or vanilla extract.
- 3Spoon batter into the prepared pan, leveling the top, then spread the batter slightly toward the pan edges. Bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until center of cake tests done and toothpick shows no batter and top is golden brown.
- 4Cool the cake in its pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes, then run a knife along the edges to loosen cake. Dust cake with confectioners sugar or frost the top. Beautiful Cake!