Angel Torte with Chocolate Coffee filling
- 1 prepared 9 inch angelfood cake, either store bought or your favorite recipe
- 1 container of cool whip whipped topping (8oz)
- 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
- 3/4 c sour cream (room temp)
- 2 teaspoons black coffee (optional)
- 1 1/4 t vanilla extract
- berries or chocolate shavings
How to Make Angel Torte with Chocolate Coffee filling
- 1Melt chocolate in microwave, at 15 second intervals, stirring between each time.
- 2To melted chocolate add sour cream and stir until smooth.
- 3Stir in vanilla and coffee if using it. Let cool about ten minutes or until the mixture thickens a bit.
- 4Split the cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on cake plate and spread it with half the chocolate mixture. Add second layer to this and spread that with remaining mixture. Add last layer of cake to the top of this.
- 5Spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake. Refrigerate cake for at least 1 hour. Decorate cake with berries, or chocolate shavings before serving.