Angel Strawberry Barvarian
1 pkgduncan hines angel food cake mix
1 pkg(10 oz) frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
1 pkg(4 - serving size, strawberry flavored gelatin
1 cboiling water
2 1/2 cwhipping cream, chilled and divided
2 1/2 Tbspconfectioners' sugar
3/4 tspvanilla extract
4fresh strawberries, sliced and fanned for garnish
·mint leaves for garnish
How to Make Angel Strawberry Barvarian
- Preheat oven to 375 degree
- Prepare, bake and cool cake following package directions.
Cut cooled cake into 1 inch cubes.
Drain thawed strawberries, reserving juice.
- Combine gelatin and boiling water in small bowl. stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add enough water to strawberry juice to measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin.
Refrigerate until gelatin is slightly thickened. Beat gelatin until foamy.
- Beat 1 cup whipping cream until stiff peaks form in large bowl. Fold into gelatin along with strawberries.
- Alternate layers of cake cubes and strawberry mixture in 10 - inch tube pan. Press lightly.
Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unmold cake onto serving plate. Beat remaining 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream; confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
Frost sides and top of cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint leaves.