Angel Pumpkin Cake with Sugared Pecans
How to Make Angel Pumpkin Cake with Sugared Pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13X9-inch baking dish with pam and then wipe excess with paper towel.
- Mix together cake mix, pumpkin pie mix and pumpkin pie seasoning in a large bowl on medium speed about 1 minute, scrapping down the bowl to mix all well. Pour into prepared pan and then sprinkle with fresh grated nutmeg. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until set.
- Cool completely and spread topping on cooled cake and the sprinklw with 1 cup chopped sugared pecans
- Pumpkin Topping; 1 (12 oz) tub cool whip thawed.1 cup canned plain pumpkin; 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; 1 (3.4oz) instant vanilla pudding (can use sugar free) Gently stir all together. Use the pudding dry. Spread on cooled cake.
- Prepare the sugared pecans as follows; Combine 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt in small bowl; set aside. Place 1 egg white and 1 teaspoon of water in medium bowl. Beat with mixer until frothy but not stiff. Pour pecans into egg white mixture; stir until coated. Add sugar mixture; stir until evenly coated. I recommend using only 1/2 of the egg white froth and 1/2 of the sugar mixture unless you are going to do more than one cup of the pecans. Spread on cookie sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely.Spread topping on cooled cake then sprinkle with 1 cup sugared pecans.