Angel Pumpkin Cake with Sugared Pecans
How to Make Angel Pumpkin Cake with Sugared Pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13X9-inch baking dish with pam and then wipe excess with paper towel.
- Mix together cake mix, pumpkin pie mix and pumpkin pie seasoning in a large bowl on medium speed about 1 minute, scrapping down the bowl to mix all well. Pour into prepared pan and then sprinkle with fresh grated nutmeg. Bake 30 to 35 minutes until set.
- Cool completely and spread topping on cooled cake and the sprinklw with 1 cup chopped sugared pecans
- Pumpkin Topping; 1 (12 oz) tub cool whip thawed.1 cup canned plain pumpkin; 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; 1 (3.4oz) instant vanilla pudding (can use sugar free) Gently stir all together. Use the pudding dry. Spread on cooled cake.
- Prepare the sugared pecans as follows; Combine 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt in small bowl; set aside. Place egg whit and water in medium bowl. Beat with mixer until frothy but not stiff. Pour pecans into egg white mixture; stir until coated. Add sugar mixture; stir until evenly coated. Spread on cookie sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely.Spread topping on coolde cake then sprinkle with 1 cup sugared pecans.