Angel food Tiramisu
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup strong coffee
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur, optional
- one angel food cake loaf, 10.5 ounces
- one milk chocolate bar, grated, 1.55 ounces
- 1/2 pints fresh strawberries
How to Make Angel food Tiramisu
- 1line a 4 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch loaf pan with a sheet of plastic wrap, about 24 inches long. Beat cream cheese, sugar, cream and vanilla together until smooth. Mix coffee and liqueur. Slice cake horizontally into four layers using a serrated knife. Brush coffee mixture over both sides of each cake layer. Place one cake layer in the bottom of the prepared pan and spread evenly with 1/3 cup of cream cheese mixture.
- 2Sprinkle with one quarter of the grated chocolate. Repeat procedure with remaining layers. Reserve 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture and one quarter of the chocolate. Fold plastic wrap over the top and gently pressed to make cake level. Chill 30 minutes. Unwrap the top of the cake and invert onto a plate. Remove plastic wrap. Spread reserved cream cheese mixture over the top and sprinkle with remaining chocolate. Garnish with strawberries. Makes one cake.