★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- angel food cake mix
- 2/3 c
- 2/3 c
- pet milk
- egg yolks
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- pecans chopped
How to Make Angel Food Pen Wheels
- 1Mix cake according to directions on box.
- 2Pour into 2 large jelly roll cookie sheets, bake one at a time, as directed on box
- 3When cakes are done, pour out onto Wax paper that has been sprinkled with Powdered sugar. Allow to cool, while making filling.
- 4FILLING: Mix sugar, milk and butter until just warm. Stir small amount of warm mixture into egg yolks, stir and add to filling. Cook until mixture thickens. Add vinilla and pecans.
- 5Spread 1/2 of filling mixture over cake, will be a thin layer. Roll up cake like a jelly roll. Repeat with second cake.
- 6Slice cakes in 3/4 inch pen wheel slices. Arrange on plate and serve.