Angel Food Cake
How to Make Angel Food Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Separate eggs, discard yolks or refrigerate for another use. Measure egg whites to equal 1-1/2 cups. Pour into mixing bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, sift powdered sugar and flour together and set aside.
- 4Add cream of tartar, extracts, and salt to egg whites; beat on high speed till frothy. Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form.
- 5Fold in flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time. Gently spoon into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Turn pan upside down on rack to cool making sure there is plenty of air flow around pan. Cool completely before removing from pan.