Angel Food Cake
How to Make Angel Food Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate eggs, discard yolks or refrigerate for another use. Measure egg whites to equal 1-1/2 cups. Pour into mixing bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift powdered sugar and flour together and set aside.
- Add cream of tartar, extracts, and salt to egg whites; beat on high speed till frothy. Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form.
- Fold in flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time. Gently spoon into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Turn pan upside down on rack to cool making sure there is plenty of air flow around pan. Cool completely before removing from pan.