Angel Food Cake
Jordan Michelle Falco
These recipes are copied directly from the notes of my Basic Cakes class. I’m posting them here on Just a Pinch for my own posterity. Feel free to round the fractional measurements up or down (5/8 is just as good as 1/2)
How to Make Angel Food Cake
- 1Sift the salt, second sugar, and flour togeather.
- 2In a mixer, whip the egg whites until volume is achieved. Combine the first sugar and cream of tartar; add the sugar mixture slowly and whip to medium peaks.
- 3Fold the flour mixture into the egg white foam.
- 4Scale at 1 lb 12 oz into 10 inch tube pan.
- 5Bake at 310F in a convection oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and invert the pans to cool upside down.
- 6Remove the cakes from the pans when completely cooled