Angel Cake with Mocha Butter Cream
Rev BJ Friley
Oven Temp: 350 degrees F
Tips: You can make this cake in a jiffy by using a ready-made cake, frozen and thawed or fresh from the bakery section in your supermarket. The mocha butter cream will give the cake a homemade touch anyway. Use a serrated knife to split cake into even layers.
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 ccake flour
10large egg whites
1 1/2 tspcream of tartar
3/4 cgranulated sugar
MOCHA BUTTER CREAM
1 1/2 cbutter
4 Tbspinstant coffee
2 Tbspsifted cocoa
2 cpowdered sugar
How to Make Angel Cake with Mocha Butter Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- All dry ingredients should be sifted. Therefore, start by sifting together powdered sugar and cake flour.
- Add salt.
- In a large dry bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks forms.
- Add cream of tartar at the end.
- Gradually add granulated sugar to egg whites, whisking all the time.
- Sift 1/3 of flour mixture over egg whites.
- Lightly fold in.
- Repeat with remaining flour mixture, little by little.
- Turn batter into a large ungreased tube pan.
- Smooth top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes or until cake is done.
- Cool cake.
- Loosen around edges.
- Remove cake from pan.
- Make butter cream by beating butter until very soft and smooth.
- Add coffee, cocoa and powdered sugar.
- Beat until very light.
- Spread mixture in between layers and around cake.
- Garnish with pineapple and chocolate sprinkles.