Amish Banana Cake
This was given to me by an Amish lady when I liven in Maryland. I always bought one at the Flea market their,from her.When i told her I was leaving,she gave the recipe to me and told me to share it..
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- flour, sifted-self rising
- 1 c
- sour milk (combine 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, let stand for 15 minutes then use in recipe.)
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- bananas, creamed,or mashed really well
- eggs, beaten
- 1 c
- chopped pecans or black walnuts( optional)
How to Make Amish Banana Cake
- 1Cream butter and sugar together
- 2Add well beaten eggs. To this
mixture, add the sour milk alternately with the sifted flour.
- 3Add creamed bananas and vanilla extract.
- 4Beat with an egg beater,or by fork.may be lumpy due to bananas,and or pecans if u add pecans.
- 5Grease and flour a pan and bake cake at 350
degrees F for about 40 minutes. Cool before removing from pan.