Amanda's Cheese Pound Cake
1 1/4 cbutter (salted)
1 pkg6 oz. of cream cheese (soften)
3 cgranulated sugar
3 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbutter flavoring
1/4 cpowdered sugar
4 Tbspmelted butter
How to Make Amanda's Cheese Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Prepare your pan (s) by spreading every nook and cranny with soft butter. Then sprinkle flour all over. Shake out the loose flour. Let sit a couple of minutes and then spray the pan with Pam.
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla, butter flavoring and salt. Then add the flour slowly. ( I always sift my flour before measuring it. Loosely fill a measuring cup with flour then take a knife and level the flour in the cup.) Beat slowly while incorporating the flour into the butter/sugar mixture. Then beat on medium until you mix it all in.
- Pour into a Bundt pan or Tube pan. Can use two loaf pans. I used a 12 cup Bundt pan and a extra small loaf pan. Cake does not rise a whole lot.
- Bake for about hour to an hour and a half. Mine took only an hour. It will depend on your oven.
- After your cake is done let sit on the counter for about 10 to 12 minutes. Then flip over onto a wire cake rack. Let cake sit for another 12 minutes upside down. Cake should come out nice and clean.
- Now melt about 1/2 stick of butter and baste the whole cake with the butter. Let sink in and then sprinkle powder sugar all over. This is great alone or you can add strawberries etc. Don't forget the whipped cream!