Amalgamation Cake (#9)
I know some the recipes are really lacking in some or all areas, but I am posting them as they are in the cookbook
1 tspbaking soda
2 cfresh coconut
How to Make Amalgamation Cake (#9)
Roll raisins in flour; add next 3 ingredients and mix well.
- Add sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Melt butter; add eggs and jam.
- Combine baking soda and buttermilk; add jam mixture.
- Combine raisin mixture and jam mixture.
- Pour into four 8-inch layer pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cake tests done.
Beat eggs with sugar; add butter.
- Cook until thickened. Remove from heat;
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread over cake layers.
Lucille Matheny, Clerk
Proctor City Church of God LWWB