ALTMODISCHER DEUTSCHER BUTTERKUCHEN or GERMAN BUTTER CAKE
How to Make ALTMODISCHER DEUTSCHER BUTTERKUCHEN or GERMAN BUTTER CAKE
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each egg. Add vanilla.
- 3Combine flour and salt. Add to sugar/egg mixture. Mix until combined. Do not over mix!
- 4Butter a tube cake pan or bundt pan or fluted tube cake pan. I use bundt. Line the pan sides and bottom with blanched almonds.
- 5Carefully spoon the cake batter into the pan.
- 6Bake for 50-60 minutes or until it tests done. Remove from pan to a cake rack to cool. When cool sprinkle with powdered sugar.